- Cathy Smith-Boyd profile
Who is Cathy:
Cathy is an independent Certified Travel Counsellor with over 30 years’ experience in the travel business. She is also a certified tour director and travel counsellor instructor with a local business college. Cathy’s love of travel started at 19 years old with her first flight with friends to Hawaii and is as strong as ever today. Years later Cathy went back to Hawaii to get married in Kona, after getting engaged at Sandals in St. Lucia. After graduating first in her Travel Counsellor class, Cathy worked as a Passenger Agent at the Winnipeg International Airport for Air Canada, followed by a Travel Counsellor position with The Bay Travel. She moved on to manage American Express Travel in Winnipeg before joining Around the world in 80 Ways. as an independent agent. Cathy became very familiar with the Caribbean and Mexican Riviera when she spent almost 4 years on cruise ships as a Port Lecturer. Wanting to further expand her experiences on land, shortly after returning from working at sea Cathy attained certification as a tour director (tour manager / tour guide).
TOP 5 travel experiences:
- The first time she saw an Ocean
- Submarine tour of the Great Barrier Reef
- Catching a sword fish in Cinque Terra, Italy which was shared by family and friends on a balcony overlooking the sea shortly after.
- Kenya Safari that included hot air ballooning over the Maasi Mara and finished with a stay in Mombasa Beach. During this trip she experienced a baboon brushing her ankle as he walked by while she was sun tanning between safaris and held her breath on a boat in Lake Naivasha as it was being charged by a hippo
- Enriching the experience of tour guests while working on tours all over North America
What is Cathy’s closing comment:
I am thankful that I am one of the lucky few that loves what I do for a living